“Being involved in ownership of racehorses is a dream come true. Foxtrot Racing makes it affordable and fun. The size of the syndicates is perfect to achieve the thrill of ownership without excessive cost” Philip Best
Ten reasons to join a Foxtrot Racing Syndicate
1. Proven record of success. Since 1st January 2014 more than 75% of our runners have won prizemoney. This year an amazing 33% of our runners have won.
2. No Commission. There is no mark-up or commission on any of our horses. You pay the auction price and there aren’t even any agent fees. If the horse is sold neither Foxtrot or our trainers expect any of the sale proceeds.
3. Liability Insurance for Syndicate Members. All our syndicates members are covered by liability insurance should our horse cause damage or death.
4. Good Communication. Foxtrot ensures syndicate members receive regular updates and details about their horse and race plans. This will include emails, text messages, videos and photographs.
5. Generous Owners’ Badge Allocation. Partners attending receive two badges when their horse runs. We don’t have ballots and we don’t ask partners to buy extra badges at the gate.
6. Know your outlay. Partners know their maximum outlay with maximum costs made clear from the start. If something unexpected happens and the syndicate needs more money this comes out of Foxtrot Racing’s pocket and not the owners. Partners never have to commit for more than one season at a time.
7. Clear Management fees and financial information. We don’t hide our management fees. Foxtrot’s charge for buying the horse, putting together the syndicate and managing it is always clearly stated in the terms and conditions. Our charge is one of the lowest of any syndicate management business. All syndicate members receive a clear financial statement at the end of each season so syndicate members can see the income and expenditure for the partnership. Any surplus is then given back to partners.
8. We are a friendly lot! Whatever your background and knowledge and interest in racing, you will be made to feel welcome with Foxtrot Racing.
9. Member of Racehorse Syndicates Association (RSA). Set up to allow potential syndicate members the opportunity to recognise well run syndicates and clubs. There are currently only 16 members in the UK.
10. Additional benefits and trips. As well as receiving news on your own horse syndicate members also receive a weekly update on all Foxtrot horses. Throughout the year we also offer syndicate members visits to the stables, free tickets for racing and trips to racecourses abroad. Last year we had a tour of Pitchall Stud and Partners were invited to be guest owners at Longchamp racecourse in France. In October 2016 we took a trip to Ireland to include a visit to Jessica Harrington’s yard, private boxes with food at Punchestown and Leopardstown racecorses which included picking the best turned our and presenting the trophies, and an evening party with our own band at the famous Gingerman Pub. All this for just £50! In 2017 we arranged a trip to go racing in Jersey. We also have an annual Foxtrot Party. This year the guest speakers are the racehorse trainers Dr Richard Newland, Jamie Snowden and Olly Murphy.
“I had been thinking about joining a syndicate for a long time but always been scared off as worried about the cost and weather it would be worthwhile. From the minute I’ve joined Foxtrot I’ve enjoyed it and feel like a real racehorse owner. I couldn’t recommend Foxtrot more highly” Jeff Stocking, partner in Dynamo
Members feel like sole owners, but at an affordable price. Our syndicates are fun, friendly and are an ideal way to enjoy racehorse ownership. Being involved in a Foxtrot Partnership creates a sole-ownership experience but without the risk or cost.
Foxtrot will look to go the ‘extra mile’. For example when Trafficker fractured his leg in July 2015, Foxtrot Racing arranged for the partnership to have a free lease on a horse rated 144! We want all partners to feel that they have had value for money.
We are realistic about our horses and the welfare of the horse always comes first.
“Excellent value for money, the informal atmosphere and the opportunities to get to know the horses” Sarah Potter
“Somehow Dan makes everyone feel its their horse. He is always upfront, honest and approachable which attracts like minded owners” Dave Bowring
“The quality/detail level and regularity of information flow regarding the horses you manage is excellent. When some of my other syndicates come to their natural end I’m moving more to you. Other syndicates could learn a huge amount from Foxtrot Racing.” Darren Fischer, partner in Supreme Steel
“It was good to meet you and the other partners at the stable visit. I really enjoy my time and I am so glad I joined the syndicate.” Jamie Sharpe, partner in Ready Token